CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 06, 2008

Fluency ex. 2

Compare Between Carbondale and My Hometown

I’m from South Korea and my hometown is Ulsan. Ulsan is an industrial town and my hometown is one of the principal cities, so my hometown has developed heavy industry such as a big automobile manufacturing, shipbuilding industry and chemical industry. Ulsan has gigantic Hyundai groups, so my hometown is called Hyundai city or “Motor town” because the main factory of Hyundai Motor lies in Ulsan and many cities in Ulsan are in the service of Hyundai Company. My hometown has a lot of movement of population and population influx. For the last 20 years, my hometown has had some serious environmental pollution, especially my hometown made air pollution and water pollution. However, people of today try to make many kinds of solutions about environmental problems, so all people in Ulsan have created clean rivers, clean air, and conservation of nature. My hometown’s river crosses the city and Ulsan’s areas are divided into 4 parts. Southern Ulsan has beautiful seaside area and tourist area, northern Ulsan has many kinds of mountainous areas and a lot of residential districts, eastern Ulsan has many kinds of open fields and many kinds of factories, and western Ulsan has many kinds of educational institutions and a lot of public gardens. My hometown is an active city and complicated city. On the other hand, Carbondale is a quiet town and a natural city. Carbondale has beautiful natural scenery and many kinds of wild animals. People in Carbondale seem quite satisfied and they enjoy their dilettante life in their free time. Carbondale has less pollution than my hometown and many kinds of farmlands. Finally, I think that Carbondale is a small town and Ulsan is a big town.

0 comments: