CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fluency Exercise

EAP2 WW
Fluency Exercise #1
Thomas Leverett
Brice Danvide

Carbondale
1. What was your first impression of Carbondale? How is it different from what you’re used to?


My first impression when I’ve reached Carbondale was quite unsure. So when I started to know a little bit around and how things work, I said to myself that this place is boring. Carbondale is a quiet city where you can have peace all day long and concentrate on what you want to do. It is a good place for study and you can even concentrate yourself more than in other big cities. Carbondale compared to other big cities like Chicago or New York is too quiet, and the influence of drug dealers and bad influences are not the same, because Carbondale is very quiet and everybody in some other way knows each other. In some words, I will say now that Carbondale is different from where I used to live. My country Benin, is a small country where you can never be bored. I mean in Benin, there is always something to make you move and find friends to hang out with. Benin is a very good place like Carbondale but the difference is how the city works and when people are bored, they can have fun in some place in that city. From now going on, I can say that Carbondale is also a good place to study and even to have fun. When you meet new friends and have someone to talk to, then you can have fun on your own! The first impression was finally revealed to be true after two months passed in Carbondale.

0 comments: