CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

First impression of Carbondale

The first thing is that Carbondale is dark in the evening and night. When I arrived in Carbondale, it was evening. Outside was pretty dark, so I couldn’t see anything in the car. I knew Carbondale was a small town but I surprised it didn't have many lights. I thought it could be dangerous when someone drove in the night. Actually, I came from Seoul which is the biggest city in Korea. Seoul has a bunch of neon signs and lights, so even at night, it’s not as dark as Carbondale.

Another is people are really friendly to foreign people. Many people who I met like to talk with me. They want to know about my culture. Moreover, I met good American roommate, friends and teachers. I heard SIU has many international students, so people have gotten used to meeting foreigners. And they want many international people to have a good experience in Carbondale. As they wish I’ve had great life in Carbondale. I really like this small town.

0 comments: