CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Carbondale

CARBONDALE

The first time I came to Carbondale I was wondering how friendly people were and who my friends would be in class. I also wondered if my English was going to work in a real English situation. In my opinion, Carbondale is a very small city, quiet and friendly. As a student I feel very good because the city is not big and there are not a lot of cars and no noise, above all. Before coming to Carbondale I was looking for some information about Carbondale on the internet and my first impression was that the city was very small and most of its students came from Chicago, which is six hours by train. Many things have changed since I came to Carbondale. First, I don’t have many friends and have to spend all the time in my room after class. I consider making friends in very difficult to do. Nevertheless I am doing my best to get a long with my new life. Secondly, in my country after school, you normally visit some friends or they visit you. Then you spend a great deal of your time talking and sharing with people. Friends also like to go biking or jogging. By now my main goal is to improve my English skills and to beat the TOEFL test, and finally be accepted into a TESOL master’s program.

Student: Julio Roa

0 comments: