CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Driving in Carbondale and Taiwan

In Taiwan, it is legal for us to get a driving license as 18-year-olds. Luckily, I got my driving license when I was 18. It is hard to get a driving license in Taiwan. I always remembered the day before the exam day, that I couldn’t sleep the whole night. It was such a huge test for me, since I just practiced for a month and I would be tested on all driving skills, especially the parking skill, because the parking space was quite small and almost the same as the car size. In the end, I passed my test, but actually I did not have many chances to drive in Taipei since it is a capital city with convenient transportation. Nevertheless, driving in Taiwan is totally opposite of driving in Carbondale. The only one thing that I was afraid of was my language problem, because it is like an English test and not a driving test for me. Luckily, I passed my driving test in Carbondale. I have driven in two countries. There is so much difference between the two countries. In Carbondale, we could see stop signs everywhere. When we see the stop sign, we have to stop even if there is no car. Another difference is parking lots. The parking area is quite big in Carbondale. We do not have to worry about hitting someone’s car. However, Carbondale is a small town, so there are not as many cars as in a city. Driving in Carbondale is easier than driving in Taiwan.

0 comments: