CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Driving in Carbondale

I had driven a car in Thailand for 10 years. It is a little bit difficult because I live in ChiangMai, the second capital of Thailand. There are a lot of cars in rush hour like 8-9 a.m. and 5-7 p.m. When I came to America, Carbondale, I thought driving in Carbondale was easier than driving in my hometown. There are not many cars like my hometown. Drivers in Carbondale are very polite. I have never heard somebody honk a horn. Drivers don’t drive too close to other cars. I especially like the traffic signals. Carbondale always has speed limit signs to tell me how fast I can drive. My country doesn’t have speed limit sign, because the government thinks everybody should know the speed limit when they take the driving test, but I think it would be good if they could remind drivers again. Moreover, I really like the stop signs in America. I think it can help the traffic flow quicker than using traffic lights as in my country. Only one reason that I think driving in America is more difficult than driving in my country, is I used to drive on the right hand side. I have to adjust myself to the left hand side. Now, I am used to driving on the left hand side. When I go back to Thailand, I will have to change it again.

0 comments: